[CentOS-devel] https://blog.centos.org/2020/12/future-is-centos-stream/

Josh Boyer

jwboyer at redhat.com
Thu Dec 10 20:53:34 UTC 2020

On Thu, Dec 10, 2020 at 1:55 PM Scott Dowdle <dowdle at montanalinux.org> wrote:

> Greetings.

Actually, I thought Ljubomir's email was well crafted.  I don't take
offense to any of it and agree with some of the points.

Ljubomir, development and developers defined as "people that write
code all day" are definitely part of the story but as you point out
they aren't the only part.  Really, Stream is looking for
contributors.  Contributions come in many forms.  Docs, bug reporting,
patches, RFEs, etc.  If you look at all the things you describe doing,
those are all contributions and all good ones at that.

Even on the sysadmin side, people deploy servers for a reason.  Those
reasons need testing and, yes, "development" to make sure their
purpose is being fulfilled.  You're right though, once it is set up it
is more traditional sysadmin.  I think Stream can be used in those
cases too.  Thanks for raising this use case so clearly.

josh