[CentOS-devel] Can the CentOS Stream FAQ be updated

Thu Dec 17 15:54:35 UTC 2020
Troy Dawson <tdawson at redhat.com>

Hi,
There has been some confusion around the new CentOS Stream timeframe.

Through the past year we've been told that when CentOS Stream 9 comes
out, CentOS Stream 8 will be phased out in a short period of time.

With the new announcement we have been told that the CentOS Stream 8
(and any future version) will be available during the maintenance
phase of that release. [1]  This means that CentOS Stream 8 will be
around for 5 years.

I've been trying to send people to the CentOS Stream FAQ [2] because
it's easier to find.  But the question [3] related to this hasn't been
updated and says it will be a year at most.

So, thus my question.  Can the CentOS Stream FAQ be updated with the new policy?

Thanks
Troy Dawson

[1] - https://centos.org/distro-faq/#q6-will-there-be-separateparallelsimultaneous-streams-for-8-9-10-etc
[2] - https://wiki.centos.org/FAQ/CentOSStream