[CentOS-devel] What should I do in my cluster? CentOS streams dilemma.

Fri Dec 25 10:54:47 UTC 2020
Pablo Sanz Mercado <pablo.sanz at uam.es>

	I have been reading a lot about the new CentOS stream
"revolution", but now I am trying to understand the dilemma most of
"regular" sysadmin have:

What should I do?

	As you know there are a lot of computational centers working
with CentOS. Sometimes because it is the best OS sysadmin knows,
sometimes because of a low budget problem.

	Now we have this important change, so we have to decide. We
have to choose the OS we are going to install in our servers, moreover
we have to decide as quickly as we can, because as you know changes
should be done as calm as posible.

	Could we list pros/cons about using CentOS stream in a
computational Center?

	Are we going to see CentOS stream in the top500 list?

	Best regards,

				Pablo Sanz

--
Pablo Sanz Mercado