[CentOS-devel] Balancing the needs around the RHEL platform

Konstantin Boyandin

lists at boyandin.info
Sun Dec 27 15:02:25 UTC 2020

On 27.12.2020 21:48, Alexander Bokovoy wrote:
> On su, 27 joulu 2020, Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:
>> On 12/27/20 12:29 PM, Alexander Bokovoy wrote:
>>> On pe, 25 joulu 2020, Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:
>
> Following your approach to a detailed information about the Stream,
> we've been told there are various RHEL subscription programs coming next
> year that would address use of RHEL for many existing CentOS users.

-various RHEL subscription programs
+various *paid* RHEL subscription programs

> Perhaps, those programs would address the needs of consumers of
> 3rd-party drivers too, before we'd reach the collaboration ideal I
> outlined above. Let's see how that goes.

Looking-glass (upside-down) marketing?

Normal approach would be "study the community needs -> develop and
announce subscription plans -> announce CentOS shutdown".

Something tells me the above steps are being applied in reverse order
(with 'study" step optional).

--
Sincerely,

Konstantin Boyandin
system administrator (ProWide Labs Ltd. - IPHost Network Monitor)