[CentOS-devel] Balancing the needs around the RHEL platform

Ljubomir Ljubojevic

centos at plnet.rs
Mon Dec 28 10:34:19 UTC 2020

On 12/28/20 8:35 AM, Alexander Bokovoy wrote:
> On ma, 28 joulu 2020, Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:

>>> This is a question for  centos-questions at redhat.com  not for this list.
>>
>> It was not me but Red Hat employee who started suggesting outlandish
>> ideas like Red Hat giving away hundreds of thousands or millions of
>> no-cost subscriptions for small businesses :-) I was just being
>> sarcastic.
>
> You seem to have a very peculiar way of reading what was said. Please
> re-read Chris Wright's blog post if you need more help with that.

You have used phrases "we've been *told*"(buy people who reserve right
to change their mind without notice), "for *many* existing" (many !=
all), then wrote that just getting RHEL subscription "would address the
needs of consumers of 3rd-party drivers too".
One could suggest you have peculiar way of writing nonsense and use
semantics to muddle the discussion.

After 900+ mails I concluded RHEL will not provide free subscriptions if
you earn from your server, once-free clone "CentOS Linux 8"was against
Red Hat business model because it does not financially contribute
anything concrete and, CentOS Stream needs serious changes to address
3rd party driver issue (and no downgrade option) and no amount of
semantics will confuse me to start doubting those facts.

--
Ljubomir Ljubojevic
(Love is in the Air)