[CentOS-devel] https://blog.centos.org/2020/12/future-is-centos-stream/

Wed Dec 9 15:51:19 UTC 2020
Scott Dowdle <dowdle at montanalinux.org>

Greetings,

----- Original Message -----
> Any kernel device drivers, for a start. Kind of critical if your
> SAS/RAID device wont boot, or your network device doesn't come up, or
> your GUI doesn't start because your display drivers aren't compatible
> anymore. Just minor things like that maybe?

If RHEL 8.4 works, and CentOS Stream 8.4+ makes a change that breaks something... that's what is going to become RHEL... so does it matter THAT much if it breaks a month or two earlier than in the past?  Now answering your question with a question, how about another?  Did you have much breakage as a result of EL minor updates?  I assume the answer is no... and if no is the case, then you shouldn't have much breakage with Stream.

TYL,
--
Scott Dowdle
704 Church Street