[CentOS-devel] A Big Idea for a New Decade [was: Minutes for CentOS Board of Directors 2019-12-18 Meeting]

Tue Jan 7 17:39:40 UTC 2020
Kaleb Keithley <kkeithle at redhat.com>

On Mon, Jan 6, 2020 at 4:13 PM Matthew Miller <mattdm at mattdm.org> wrote

> And finally, let's really take advantage of a merged dist-git repository,
> and the capabilities that Modularity gives us. SIGs building things for
> CentOS should be able to directly reference Fedora branches where
> faster-moving software is useful — and people building things in Fedora
> should be able to pull in branches from Stream where a slower-moving
> version
> would make sense. And we could even make additional shared branches where
> necessary, using modularity to make optional streams which could be used in
> CentOS SIGs, EPEL, or a Fedora OS.

Sounds great.

But I hope we don't have to wait for all that to happen before we get C8
buildroots in CBS for the SIGs to build packages.

--

Kaleb