[CentOS-devel] NFV Sig relaunch meeting (2020-07-22) minutes

Wed Jul 22 16:14:12 UTC 2020
Alfredo Moralejo Alonso <amoralej at redhat.com>

#centos-meeting: NFV SIG relaunch 2020-07-22

Meeting started by amoralej at 15:00:39 UTC. The full logs are available
athttps://www.centos.org/minutes/2020/July/centos-meeting.2020-07-22-15.00.log.html
.

Meeting summary
---------------
* roll call  (amoralej, 15:01:22)

* current situation of NV SIG  (amoralej, 15:04:27)
  * LINK: https://review.rdoproject.org/etherpad/p/NFVSIG-meeting
    (amoralej, 15:04:32)
  * my proposal was to relaunch it to host Red Hat Fast DataPath
    packages for CentOS and other packages related to NFV  (amoralej,
    15:07:35)

* goals for NFV SIG  (amoralej, 15:08:41)
  * the first goal is to rebuild FDP released SRPMs  (amoralej,
    15:09:03)
  * LINK:
    http://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/enterprise/8Base/en/Fast-Datapath/SRPMS/
    (amoralej, 15:09:51)
  * the goal is rebuild FDP srpms with minimal (hopefully none)
    divergence from FDP  (amoralej, 15:19:50)
  * if some change is needed in distgits, we'll use NFV SIG branches of
    openvswitch and ovn in git.centos.org  (amoralej, 15:20:21)
  * initially OVS 2.11 and 2.13 will be rebuilt for CentOS8  (amoralej,
    15:22:16)
  * we'll create per-release branches in openvswitch and ovn repos in
    git.centos.org to store spec for the different releases  (amoralej,
    15:26:53)
  * ACTION: amoralej to create branches in openvswitch and ovn repos
    (amoralej, 15:27:07)
  * a single tag/repo will be created to contain all rebuilds from fdp
    (amoralej, 15:40:47)
  * AGREED: tag for ovs/ovn will be nfv8-openvswitch-2  (amoralej,
    15:45:18)
  * ACTION: amoralej to request new tags  (amoralej, 15:45:32)
  * once the packages are tagged in -testing, we can send a mail to
    centos-devel ML asking users to test it  (amoralej, 15:49:13)

* sig members  (amoralej, 15:53:32)
  * ACTION: amoralej to send a mail to current members of nfv sig to ask
    if they want to stay as maintainers  (amoralej, 15:55:15)
  * ACTION: anyone interested in participating in the sig can request
    access to the sig-nfv group in
    https://accounts.centos.org/group/view/sig-nfv  (amoralej, 15:57:24)

* SIG communication  (amoralej, 15:58:02)
  * for mailing list communication we can use centos-devel with [nfv]
    tag  (amoralej, 15:59:53)
  * irc conversations will be in #centos-devel in freenode  (amoralej,
    16:00:12)
  * a bi-weekly meeting will be scheduled on Wednesday at 15:00 UTC
    starting next week  (amoralej, 16:03:15)
  * ACTION: amoralej to update NFV Sig home page in wiki  (amoralej,
    16:04:23)
  * LINK:
    https://wiki.centos.org/action/newaccount/FrontPage?action=newaccount
    (amoralej, 16:08:05)

Meeting ended at 16:10:57 UTC.

Action Items
------------
* amoralej to create branches in openvswitch and ovn repos
* amoralej to request new tags
* amoralej to send a mail to current members of nfv sig to ask if they
  want to stay as maintainers
* anyone interested in participating in the sig can request access to
  the sig-nfv group in https://accounts.centos.org/group/view/sig-nfv
* amoralej to update NFV Sig home page in wiki

Action Items, by person
-----------------------
* amoralej
  * amoralej to create branches in openvswitch and ovn repos
  * amoralej to request new tags
  * amoralej to send a mail to current members of nfv sig to ask if they
    want to stay as maintainers
  * amoralej to update NFV Sig home page in wiki
* **UNASSIGNED**
  * anyone interested in participating in the sig can request access to
    the sig-nfv group in https://accounts.centos.org/group/view/sig-nfv

People Present (lines said)
* amoralej (208)
* dholler (49)