[CentOS-devel] CentOS 8 on AWS

Tue Jun 16 14:50:37 UTC 2020
Greg Bailey <gbailey at lxpro.com>

On 6/16/20 12:07 AM, Fabian Arrotin wrote:
> On 16/06/2020 08:49, Thomas Stephen Lee wrote:
>> On Tue, Jun 16, 2020 at 12:00 PM Fabian Arrotin <arrfab at centos.org
> <snip>
>> The AMIs listed in
>>
>> https://wiki.centos.org/Cloud/AWS
>> are not the same as from Amazon search results.
>>
>> what could be the issue?
>> -
>> Lee
>>
> I hope you don't trust directly what's coming from that search box,
> where plenty of people have tagged something like a centos image before
> we even had one there :)
>
> Just use the AMI ID for now

Fabian, thank you for making these AMIs directly available without
having to deal with marketplace subscriptions.

A couple of follow-up questions:

1. Would it be possible to make the underlying snapshots public? That
way, users could use the "Copy AMI" functionality without getting the
Also, it would be easier to create volumes from that snapshot for future
troubleshooting.  (The underlying snapshots for the Fedora releases
appear to be public)

2. It might be worth mentioning on the wiki page that the AMIs are owned
by 125523088429 (which appears to own the Fedora images as well).

3. When spot checking the AMIs listed on
https://wiki.centos.org/Cloud/AWS I can find the CentOS Linux 6 AMI, but
not the CentOS Linux 7 AMI (at least in us-west-2).

Thanks again for getting all this working!

-Greg