[CentOS-devel] CentOS logo and brand update on the next board meeting agenda

Manuel Wolfshant

wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro
Tue Mar 31 19:40:05 UTC 2020

On 3/31/20 8:46 PM, Johnny Hughes wrote:

>> * Is there more about not wanting change than not wanting change?
> Yes .. we have a brand that is recognized the world over.  Double digit
> percentages of all the servers on the internet and double digit
> percentages of all the super computers in the world run CentOS Linux.
>
> I don't think we need to confuse the brand.
>
> You brought this to this list to discuss it and give our opinions. I
> like the current, well known, what everyone on the street knows branding.
>
> I think we lose a lot by changing that branding and I don't want to
> change it.

I am 100% on the same wavelength with Johnny here. I still proudly wear
the t-shirts I got at Fosdem '14 and the C8-branded hoodie received a
few months ago. The embroided logo looks perfectly fine on all of them,
are recognizable from afar and well... it's an established and renowned
logo for an established and renowned brand.