[CentOS-devel] CentOS 8 upcoming OpenStack packages are htting gRPC bug #21213

Wed Mar 11 17:34:45 UTC 2020
Anthony Alba <ascanio.alba7 at gmail.com>

Hi CentOS developers (especially CloudSIG),

I started playing with some of the el8 OpenStack Ussuri packages like
gRPC 1.26 and protobuf 3.11.2. The packages from CBS are:

grpc*1.26.0-1.el8.x86_64.rpm
protobuf*3.11.2-2*rpm

Immediately I hit the bug https://github.com/grpc/grpc/issues/21213
trying the simplest helloworld quickstart, where the ./greeter_server
hangs.

The Train packages for EL7 (gRPC 1.20, protobuf 3.6) work fine.

Just a heads-up - I manually compiled gRPC 1.27.x (wow — that is hard
to do) with CBS's protobuf and I got the quickstart to work.

Anthony Alba