[CentOS-devel] CentOS 8 upcoming OpenStack packages are htting gRPC bug #21213

Wed Mar 11 17:48:41 UTC 2020
Alfredo Moralejo Alonso <amoralej at redhat.com>

Hi,

On Wed, Mar 11, 2020 at 6:35 PM Anthony Alba <ascanio.alba7 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi CentOS developers (especially CloudSIG),
>
> I started playing with some of the el8 OpenStack Ussuri packages like
> gRPC 1.26 and protobuf 3.11.2. The packages from CBS are:
>
> grpc*1.26.0-1.el8.x86_64.rpm
> protobuf*3.11.2-2*rpm
>
> Immediately I hit the bug https://github.com/grpc/grpc/issues/21213
> trying the simplest helloworld quickstart, where the ./greeter_server
> hangs.

Did you also hit any issue deploying OpenStack or just testing the packages
out of it?

> The Train packages for EL7 (gRPC 1.20, protobuf 3.6) work fine.
>
> Just a heads-up - I manually compiled gRPC 1.27.x (wow — that is hard
> to do) with CBS's protobuf and I got the quickstart to work.

Latest fedora build is 1.26.0, i'm finding out if any update is ongoing

> Anthony Alba

Regards,

Alfredo