[CentOS-devel] CentOS logo and brand update on the next board meeting agenda

Tue Mar 31 22:35:27 UTC 2020
Jason Brooks <jbrooks at redhat.com>

On Tue, Mar 31, 2020 at 2:37 PM Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org> wrote:

> I would be fine adding that logo .. and one of every one monochrome of
> the primary logo colors .. and one that is rounded with the colors.  I
> don't mind the new shapes.
>
> For those who don't know the CentOS history .. we started out as a
> sub-project of cAos Linux .. and the logo is shaped like it is because
> of the symbol for caos (chaos):
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symbol_of_Chaos
>
> So .. I am a bit hesitant to change it, because to me it means something.

I think the chaos symbol comes through more clearly in the new logo --
I actually never noticed it in the older logo.

The multicolored design struck me as perhaps a play on the Microsoft logo.