[CentOS-devel] How CentOS 7 Vagrant images are built

Ladar Levison

ladar at lavabit.com
Sat May 16 03:23:09 UTC 2020

On 5/15/20 1:49 PM, Laurențiu Păncescu wrote:
> If you can help with a CentOS 8 builder, I think I can update my build
> scripts quickly to try to build centos/8 on CBS as well.

If you're still having trouble getting a CentOS 8 Kickstart file
working, try removing the '--nobase' flag. I think it caused dependency
problems, but never tracked down the root problem. My file is here:

https://github.com/lavabit/robox/blob/master/http/generic.centos8.vagrant.ks

Note, I don't optimize my boxes for size. I prefer to ship a slightly
larger box file which includes a number of basic command line tools, and
let the official boxes focus on staying small.

Let me know if you need further help.

L~