[CentOS-devel] Is this the right channel to address the board?

Sat May 9 11:54:59 UTC 2020
Leigh Griffin <lgriffin at redhat.com>

On Fri, May 8, 2020, 19:02 Rich Bowen <rbowen at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 5/6/20 1:07 PM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> > On 06/05/2020 18:05, Jim Perrin wrote:
> >> I'm inclined to prefer a ticketing system, honestly. That way the things
> >> that are open or to-be-done are easily viewable and up-front. We can
> >> mark issues done, closed, whatever, and people can interact in a way
> >> that's visible without hunting through a variety of threads for a
> >> decision. It also means (in the specific instance of web work) we can
> >> review, comment, and mark up code done and contributed either as pull
> >> requests, linked items, etc.
> >
> > that works too,
>
> So what's the next step here? Should we ask CPE to stand something up?

CPE already provide a Taiga instance (teams.fedoraproject.org) and
Pagure.io which can happily accommodate any number of ticketing system
boards that might be required. Red Hat also has a public facing Jira
instance (issues.redhat.com) which hosts 100s of Open Source projects and a
project could be applied for there. CPE will be moving to that public
facing instance later this year for what it is worth. Right now we track a
lot of our work on an internal instance which is being migrated. It could
allow for additional collaboration and info exchange between CPE and the
Board. CentOS Stream interactions with RHEL development teams will also be
driven through that JIRA instance.

 Let me know how we can best help here.

Can we create a new 'Project' on bugs.centos.org?

You could for sure but the benefit of trackers like Taiga or Pagure or JIRA
is the graphical power and dashboard views they can bring. It gives a flat
ticket view much more life and value for drive by interest.