[CentOS-devel] unable to create an account on bugs.centos.org due to captcha

Chris Brannon

cmb at prgmr.com
Tue Sep 22 02:05:19 UTC 2020

Hi,
I've been trying to create an account on https://bugs.centos.org.  I'm
blind, but all I find is a visual captcha.  From inspection of the HTML
source for the signup page, it appears that there might be an audio
captcha implemented in flash, but I don't have flash on any of my
devices.

I went and grabbed a copy of the mantisbt source code, to get an idea of
what it was doing and to determine whether I had any other options.
Mantis uses a bundled third-party library to generate those captchas.
In the source tree, it's vendor/dapphp/securimage.

In the latest version, at least, that library will generate an HTML 5
<audio> tag by default, with a fallback to flash.  The <audio> would
work just fine for me.

I don't know what version of Mantis BT bugs.centos.org is running, and
that's why I'm writing here.  Is there any chance of an upgrade / patch
to fix my issue?

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

-- Chris