[CentOS-devel] No available modular metadata for modular package

Johnny Hughes

johnny at centos.org
Fri Sep 18 15:45:49 UTC 2020

On 9/18/20 8:31 AM, Jan Pazdziora wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 18, 2020 at 08:28:26AM -0500, Johnny Hughes wrote:
>>
>> There was an issue with the pungi compose for both the latest mysql
>> module and the ds-389 module .. we are working on both of these now.
>>
>> There seems to be a bug in module metadata (in the module build system)
>> when reusing some of the older builds ... we are looking at it now.
>>
>> So we are working on the actual issue, the cause of this issue, and some
>> kind of test to properly check for this specific issue in the future.

OK .. we created a check script that we can use at compose time to check
the items that will be placed in the modulemd.  This will let us get an
update published in a few minutes that fixes mysql and 389-ds.

I still want / need something for the t_functional that specifically
tests modules that exist in the release.  I am going to start working on
this test today .. but good ideas can be posted here in git am format or
contact me on IRC (freenode:  hughesjr)

Again .. here is the source code of the test suite that we run:

https://github.com/CentOS/sig-core-t_functional

In the next hour or so, after I run some more tests, I should release
this compose.  It only contains metadata at this point.

We are also working on a newer centos-release for CentOS 8 Linux
(centos-release-8.2-2.2004.0.2.el8). This may also get into the release.
 It should let us use separate release files for CentOS Linux and CentOS
Stream in the future.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes