[CentOS-devel] CentOS Stream Feature Request SIG Proposal

Tue Apr 13 18:58:55 UTC 2021
Matthew Miller <mattdm at mattdm.org>

On Tue, Apr 13, 2021 at 01:47:22PM -0400, Neal Gompa wrote:
> Well, at the risk of more bikeshedding, the "official" name for all
> these in Fedora now is "Team", where each team can choose to call
> themselves a Team, a SIG, or a Working Group at their preference.

Yeah, exactly -- we also found that having hard distinctions and trying to
decide what fits into what was ... not a good use of time, but also that
various groups wanted to use different naming to help signal how the group
works and what they do.

> Working Groups in Fedora currently have a Council reporting
> requirement, but that's going away because nobody did it anyway...

Yeah. Still trying to figure that out. :)

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>