[CentOS-devel] CentOS Stream Feature Request SIG Proposal

Tue Apr 13 17:47:22 UTC 2021
Neal Gompa <ngompa13 at gmail.com>

On Tue, Apr 13, 2021 at 1:45 PM Rich Bowen <rbowen at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 4/9/21 3:07 PM, Matthew Miller wrote:
> > The bikeshedding part
> > is: I wonder if "SIG" is the right name / structure for this group? SIGs
> > generally are focused on more specific areas, right, and this is more broad.
> > So, where I'm going with this is... "CentOS Stream Feature Steering
> > Committee"?
>
> We only have one name for things in CentOS, and it is SIG. It might or
> might not be the "right" name, but it's the one that we have. The Promo
> SIG (such as it is) is certainly not the same species as the Storage
> SIG, but I, for one, don't relish the notion of determining what is a
> SIG, a committee, a working group, or a knitting circle.
>
> Yes, naming things is hard.

Well, at the risk of more bikeshedding, the "official" name for all
these in Fedora now is "Team", where each team can choose to call
themselves a Team, a SIG, or a Working Group at their preference.

Working Groups in Fedora currently have a Council reporting
requirement, but that's going away because nobody did it anyway...

We could just crib the whole "Team" name and let that be used too.