[CentOS-devel] How do I request a new package repo in CentOS 8/9 Stream?

Thu Apr 15 15:54:11 UTC 2021
Matthew Miller <mattdm at mattdm.org>

On Thu, Apr 15, 2021 at 11:50:37AM -0400, Josh Boyer wrote:
> > I recently packaged a utility in Fedora 34[1] that enterprise cloud users
> > might find helpful so I'd like to package it for CentOS 8 Stream and
> > CentOS 9 Stream as well.
[...]
> If the package isn't going to be part of RHEL, you might look at
> adding it to EPEL instead.

Good news is that this is easy, especially since you already have packaged
this in Fedora Linux. See https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL_Package_Maintainers
(quick start: `fedpkg request-branch epel8`).

There isn't a 9 yet, but planning is underway.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>