[CentOS-devel] How do I request a new package repo in CentOS 8/9 Stream?

Thu Apr 15 17:00:40 UTC 2021
Kaleb Keithley <kkeithle at redhat.com>

On Thu, Apr 15, 2021 at 11:51 AM Josh Boyer <jwboyer at redhat.com> wrote:

> CentOS Stream is for content going into RHEL, so repos are added when
> a package is being added to RHEL.  I'll send you some links to
> internal documentation on that.
>
> If the package isn't going to be part of RHEL, you might look at
> adding it to EPEL instead.

Is that really the whole story?

Yes, parts of Ceph and GlusterFS will be in 9.  I've been operating on the
premise though that the SIG packages that are landing in 8stream and
9stream are for people who are using 8stream or 9stream and want to try
them out ahead of time. Have I misunderstood?

And BTW, AIUI, I'm not allowed to package them in EPEL.

--

Kaleb