[CentOS-devel] Missing dependencies while rebuilding OpenStack packages on centos8 stream

Fri Apr 30 08:45:26 UTC 2021
Fabian Arrotin <arrfab at centos.org>

On 30/04/2021 10:17, Jose Castro Leon wrote:
> Hi Cloud SIG,
>
> With every OpenStack release (and also with CentOS 8 stream), we have to
> rebuild some OpenStack packages to be installed at CERN.
>
> Those packages carry downstream patches for integration into our
> environment. While building those, we have observed that there are some
> packages that are required to build but are not provided in the testing
> repositories, for example openstack-macros
>
> In the past, we were using trunk.rdoproject.org/centos8-wallaby but it
> seems that those packages are not there.
>
> While looking into cbs.centos.org, I saw them on this tag
>
> cloud8s-openstack-wallaby-el8-build
>
> Would it be possible to have the dependencies available in the testing
> repo or to have access to that build repository, at least to build the
> main OpenStack components?
>
> Cheers
> Jose Castro Leon
> CERN Cloud Infrastructure Team

Well, nothing stops you from downloading directly pkgs from koji ? :-)
I guess that Cloud SIG just have these in -build tag as needed as
BuildRequires: , reason why they are not tagged for -testing or -release
(as not needed at runtime)

But if you have a look at koji/cbs, you can find/download directly.
Example for a particular openstack macros ENVR :
openstack-macros-2020.1.2-1.el8
Searching for openstack-macros leads to plenty of links, including that
one :
https://cbs.centos.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=30772

There is a direct link but one can use `cbs download-build 30772` to
also directly fetch pkg if needed

That's at least a workaround for you

--
Fabian Arrotin