[CentOS-devel] Missing dependencies while rebuilding OpenStack packages on centos8 stream

Fri Apr 30 08:50:51 UTC 2021
Alfredo Moralejo Alonso <amoralej at redhat.com>

Hi,

On Fri, Apr 30, 2021 at 10:45 AM Fabian Arrotin <arrfab at centos.org> wrote:

> On 30/04/2021 10:17, Jose Castro Leon wrote:
> > Hi Cloud SIG,
> >
> > With every OpenStack release (and also with CentOS 8 stream), we have to
> > rebuild some OpenStack packages to be installed at CERN.
> >
> > Those packages carry downstream patches for integration into our
> > environment. While building those, we have observed that there are some
> > packages that are required to build but are not provided in the testing
> > repositories, for example openstack-macros
> >
> > In the past, we were using trunk.rdoproject.org/centos8-wallaby but it
> > seems that those packages are not there.

You can copy the updated openstack-macros from:

https://trunk.rdoproject.org/centos8-wallaby/component/common/current/

> > While looking into cbs.centos.org, I saw them on this tag
> >
> > cloud8s-openstack-wallaby-el8-build
> >
> > Would it be possible to have the dependencies available in the testing
> > repo or to have access to that build repository, at least to build the
> > main OpenStack components?

openstack-macros is a tricky case for deps sync to trunk.centos.org, I'm
fixing it in:

https://review.rdoproject.org/r/c/rdo-infra/ansible-role-dlrn/+/33529

> > Cheers
> > Jose Castro Leon
> > CERN Cloud Infrastructure Team
>
> Well, nothing stops you from downloading directly pkgs from koji ? :-)
> I guess that Cloud SIG just have these in -build tag as needed as
> BuildRequires: , reason why they are not tagged for -testing or -release
> (as not needed at runtime)
>
> But if you have a look at koji/cbs, you can find/download directly.
> Example for a particular openstack macros ENVR :
> openstack-macros-2020.1.2-1.el8
> Searching for openstack-macros leads to plenty of links, including that
> one :
> https://cbs.centos.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=30772
>
> There is a direct link but one can use `cbs download-build 30772` to
> also directly fetch pkg if needed
>
> That's at least a workaround for you

Yes, that will also work as workaround.

Regards,