[CentOS-devel] freetype package missed in repo

Thu Aug 5 15:07:08 UTC 2021
Josh Boyer <jwboyer at redhat.com>

On Thu, Aug 5, 2021 at 10:51 AM Nico Kadel-Garcia <nkadel at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Not retired, just a build that will never be shipped at this point.
> > >
> > > josh
>
> Since it was published at one time, and has now been deleted from the
> public repos with extreme prejudice, in what way is this not
> "retired"?

Perhaps we have a simple lexicon issue.  Retired to me means the
package (SRPM) has been removed from the distribution entirely.  In
this specific instance, that is not the case.  We have a build of a
package that was dropped, but the package and all of the functionality
previously provided by it is still available with the current build.

> I admit this is a first. I've never seen Red Hat or CentOS pull this
> stunt. Has this *ever* been done before?

I'm not sure I would call it a stunt.  It's certainly not ideal and
we've explained how it happened already.

To answer your question, in exceedingly rare cases we have removed
builds in the past, even from RHEL CDN.  I have no idea if that was
reflected in CentOS Linux or not.

josh