[CentOS-devel] Missing devel packages (librest)

Wed Dec 15 19:33:03 UTC 2021
IBBoard <centosdevel at ibboard.co.uk>

On 14/12/2021 21:43, Mihai Moldovan wrote:
> * On 12/14/21 9:54 PM, IBBoard wrote:
>> I'm vaguely familiar with Koji from Fedora and so I found what appears
>> to be the CentOS Koji build server. It appears that rest-devel was last
>> built in late November[3] and is flagged as "expired" but the main rest
>> package was built two days ago[4] (but still flagged as "expired"!)
>
> You're confusing things.
>
> Both packages were built back in 2019 and not updated since. See their
> "Buildroot" tag.
 >
> What you are referring to are *other* buildroots that USE the package(s) as
> dependencies. For instance, the last build that used rest was two days ago - a
> libreoffice build.

Okay - thanks for clarifying. I'd taken those numbers to be versions
(e.g. dist-c8-stream-build-80100-30777 is CentOS 8 Streams build 80100)
rather than just build root numbers.

> I don't know where you'd see the expired tag (which would, as far as I remember,
> indicate that the package was updated and that the build you're looking at is
> obsolete or that the package was completely removed from the distribution), but
> it certainly shouldn't be expired.

The right-hand column in the two Koji links is "State". Every single one
has a calendar icon, and if you hover over it then it says "expired".
But from what you've said then presumably that's the build root and not
the build of the package that expired.