[CentOS-devel] CentOS Stream 8 : samba-4.15.2-2.el8

Wed Dec 15 20:45:26 UTC 2021
Brian Stinson <brian at bstinson.com>

On Wed, Dec 15, 2021, at 02:28, Alex Iribarren wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Thanks for the quick response, Johnny. I believe this issue would have
> been caught by this QA test:
>
> https://github.com/CentOS/sig-core-t_functional/pull/69
>
> Sadly, it's still not merged. Has it just fallen through the cracks?

Likely yes. I'll get this reviewed shortly.

> I'd like to also take this opportunity to ask about the status of the
> CS9 public QA integration tests. I know they won't be using
> sig-core-t_functional and I was told some months ago to stay tuned, but
> I'm interested to know how it's going. Basically, I want to add a test
> like this one to make sure these sorts of things don't happen in the future.

The true cause of this issue is that we do Stream 8 builds after RHEL builds happen and maintainers are not in control of when code is dropped for CentOS Stream. In Stream 9 maintainers are in full control of what gets released together.

Adding a test like this to Stream 9 would indeed provide an extra layer of assurance though. The framework for compose-wide testing is something we're still working on.