[CentOS-devel] First round of RHEL programs announced

Rich Bowen

rbowen at redhat.com
Wed Feb 3 14:39:48 UTC 2021

On 1/29/21 6:09 PM, redbaronbrowser via CentOS-devel wrote:
> On Friday, January 29, 2021 4:58 PM, Mark Mielke <mark.mielke at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> This is why "Facebook" (as one example of scale in context for this
>> discussion) is using CentOS Stream, and not using RHEL.
>
> Is there any public interview that Facebook is using the latest Stream packages in production?

Here's the interview that we have published -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cA_Nd3crBuA&list=PLuRtbOXpVDjCShu-x87qtrJSubc1cRTW1&index=2&t=3s

> It seems to me that Facebook is doing it's own CI/CD tests and avoid regressions that would impact it.
>
> I'm willing to accept that Facebook is using select versions of packages from Stream.  I have a harder time believing they are using Stream the same way one of us would of running yum and expecting things to continue to work.

The folks on the above video are, I believe, here on this mailing list,
so I won't presume to speak for them.

They'll also be presenting at tomorrow's Dojo -
https://wiki.centos.org/Events/Dojo/FOSDEM2021 - and will likely have
time for questions at the end of their session.