[CentOS-devel] First round of RHEL programs announced

Rich Bowen

rbowen at redhat.com
Wed Feb 3 14:33:46 UTC 2021

On 2/1/21 3:26 PM, redbaronbrowser via CentOS-devel wrote:

>>> Listen to the Ask Noah show interview with Bex because that explains things better.
>>
>> Sorry, but I can't. Because English is not my native language.
>> Written English I can read, but spoken English is just
>> a bunch of sounds for me - I can't understand it.
>
> @Rich Bowen
>
> Is the any plans for transcription to be provided for the CentOS Dojo for people with accessability?  Either real time or afterwards?

All of the content will be published to YouTube. YouTube has a pretty
decent auto-subtitle functionality that you can turn on when you're
watching. I've been very pleased with it.

> I assume Hopin is similar to Jitsi with a real-time chat window that someone could transcribe into?

There is a chat window, but I don't have anybody who will be doing
real-time transcription.

> I have also been meaning to ask if the RH Open Source Program Office has ever done a review of Jitsi or ever plans to?

We did. The advantage of Hopin is that we don't have to stand up a
server and maintain it and provide it with bandwidth. We continue to
evaluate alternatives, but at this time we're not really considering
self-hosting, even though we are aware that Jitsi is open source.