[CentOS-devel] First round of RHEL programs announced

Tue Feb 2 12:22:29 UTC 2021
Phil Perry <pperry at elrepo.org>

On 02/02/2021 05:03, redbaronbrowser via CentOS-devel wrote:
> On Monday, February 1, 2021 4:57 PM, Neal Gompa <ngompa13 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> The other stuff is in Fedora under the Fedora CI banner.
>
> That is fine but the messaging of what, where, when and how of Stream has been extremely poor.  I can't find a reference to that on the CentOS blog or FAQ.
>
> In fact, the Karsten Wade blog post was worded in a way that implied these tests were already being applied to Stream.
>
>> That will have much more of an impact when CentOS Stream 9 opens
>> in three months.
>
> Hopefully someone can walk me through this part.
>
> So, we have been told the life cycle of Stream is 5 years.
>
> Stream 8 was released September 24, 2019 so a period of 5 years should go at least to September 2024.
>
> We will have both a Stream 8 and a Stream 9 from May 2021 to September 2024?  And then Stream 9 will continue to May 2026?

I believe the 5 year starting point is from the release of RHEL 8 (e.g,
May 2019), not the release of Stream 8. i.e, Stream runs for the 5 year
Full Support period and ends when the underlying (downstream) product
enters it's Maintenance Support phase.

https://access.redhat.com/support/policy/updates/errata