[CentOS-devel] what uses the messages on mqtt.git.centos.org?

Fabian Arrotin

arrfab at centos.org
Tue Jan 5 13:11:59 UTC 2021

On 04/01/2021 20:11, Ken Dreyer wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I was reading about the MQTT broker at mqtt.git.centos.org?
> (https://wiki.centos.org/Sources)
>
> Does anything in CentOS infrastructure consume those messages (for
> example, to automatically build packages in Koji based on Pagure
> pushes)?

Not really in CentOS infra, but Johnny uses a mqtt subscriber to know
when some pkgs were updated/pushed to git.centos.org and so need to be
processed/submitted to buildsystems

> I was also wondering about
> https://github.com/CentOS/ansible-role-kojihub/commits/master/files/plugins/centmsg.py
> , does any other tool consume those messages?

That plugin was written specifically to have automatic sign+push
operation, so that SIG would be autonomous to tag pkgs and have them
processed automatically, without a "human" being needed to process that
part .. I think so far it worked well and SIGs never really need to ask
us intervention

--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 17F3B7A1 | twitter: @arrfab