[CentOS-devel] [EXT] First round of RHEL programs announced

Peter Georg

peter.georg at physik.uni-regensburg.de
Wed Jan 20 13:47:36 UTC 2021

On 20/01/2021 14.14, Mike McGrath wrote:
> Hi all, I know this was a hot topic on the list so I thought I'd share
> today's blog post which covers no-cost RHEL for small production workloads
> and no-cost RHEL for customer development teams.  Keep in mind there are
> other programs coming, these just got done first.
>
> https://www.redhat.com/en/blog/new-year-new-red-hat-enterprise-linux-programs-easier-ways-access-rhel
>
> Bullet Points:
>
>     - Self-Support RHEL for no-cost in production use cases of up to 16
>     systems.
>     - No-cost RHEL for customer development teams (larger number of systems
>     for non-production cases).
>     - Available no later than February 1
>     - Single Sign-on via a Red Hat account, or Github, Twitter, Facebook or
>     other accounts (You'll soon not need to provide all kinds of personal
>     information like you used to).

In the blog post it is also mentioned that some users "had specific
technical questions [...]. We’ve been listening. We know that CentOS
Linux was fulfilling a wide variety of important roles."

So I now ask myself: Has any of these questions actually been answered
by now? I'm one of these users and so far I only got an automatic reply.

Probably not the correct topic to ask this question, but I simply didn't
know where else to ask.

- Peter