[CentOS-devel] First round of RHEL programs announced

Ljubomir Ljubojevic

centos at plnet.rs
Fri Jan 22 07:57:22 UTC 2021

On 1/22/21 12:44 AM, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 21, 2021 at 6:04 AM Ljubomir Ljubojevic <centos at plnet.rs> wrote:
>> 3. Users that register Individual Developer licenses should be warned
>> that they need to renew subscription every 365 days and that they should
>> not miss the date(?). Someone commented that if subscription is not
>> renewed before it expires they might be problems? Is that true, and what
>
> If you're setting up more than one such host, set up an internal
> reposync mirror "just in case".. It also profoundly improves the
> performance of "mock" for building RPM's internally.

My main job is "IT guy" for several small companies that needed
convincing to pay for server-like PC's (average CPU, more expensive MB
and more RAM, with 2-3 mirrored HDD's), so my customers are spread
around in few towns/cities. I would have to host reposync on internet
facing server with good internet and maintaining repo even with mrepo
was a chore, I hosted CentOS 5 and 6 repos at https://rpms .plnet.rs
(took it down few weeks ago) and even built ~70 packages for Desktop
CentOS usage, so internal repo is not for my use case.
I will probably just install TrueNAS and be done with it for Samba+VM
use case I have the most. No registration, no renewing, no limit,
excellent web config, free, ZFS...

--
Ljubomir Ljubojevic
(Love is in the Air)