[CentOS-devel] First round of RHEL programs announced

Peter Eckel

lists at eckel-edv.de
Fri Jan 22 11:38:58 UTC 2021

Hi Mike,

thanks for the information, this is at least partly good news.

Whet I currently can't figure out - maybe you have some information about it - is the situation with, e.g. Vagrant.

I rely a lot on Vagrant boxes for development and testing work, and up to now the situation with RHEL is that there are none, probably due to legal issues and because RHN registration doesn't mix well with instances created and deleted on-the-fly. The obvious solution is - or rather, was - CentOS, which so far fit my needs. CentOS Stream in all likelyhood will not fill that gap.

Are there plans for making it possible to create Vagrant boxes and similar items based on "FreeRHEL"?

Cheers,

  Peter.