[CentOS-devel] First round of RHEL programs announced

Brian (bex) Exelbierd

bexelbie at redhat.com
Sat Jan 30 19:22:03 UTC 2021

On Fri, Jan 29, 2021 at 8:51 PM redbaronbrowser via CentOS-devel
<centos-devel at centos.org> wrote:

> On Friday, January 29, 2021 1:12 PM, Matthew Miller <mattdm at mattdm.org> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Jan 29, 2021 at 07:06:02PM +0000, redbaronbrowser via CentOS-devel wrote:
> >
> > > Instead, it is clear making free RHEL licenses was a priority. They are
> > > delivering on new RHEL terms before they make available Stream on gitlab
> > > and the other changes need for Stream to be a meaningful upstream.
> >
> > I don't think you should read too much into that. These things are done by
> > very different teams, all going as fast as they can.
>
> I am sorry, I worded that badly.  Also based on Bex's interview that Red Hat is expecting more people to move to free RHEL than to move to Stream.

I want to reiterate what Matthew said.  He's right.  Don't read into
my interviews that you've seen published as us pushing RHEL over
CentOS Stream.  Interviews result in pieces that are what the
journalist wanted to write about.  If they want to write about RHEL,
they ask questions about RHEL and I answer about RHEL.  if someone
wants to write about CentOS Stream then they'd get CentOS Stream
answers.

regards,

bex