[CentOS-devel] First round of RHEL programs announced

Gena Makhomed

gmm at csdoc.com
Sat Jan 30 19:48:50 UTC 2021

On 29.01.2021 21:06, redbaronbrowser via CentOS-devel wrote:

>> Developer Subscriptions allowed to use for production workloads
>> only by individuals, and totally forbidden to use by companies?

> Listen to the Ask Noah show interview with Bex because that explains things better.

Sorry, but I can't. Because English is not my native language.
Written English I can read, but spoken English is just
a bunch of sounds for me - I can't understand it.

>> 350 USD/year RHEL is forbidden to use for virtual machines.

> If you are using something else as the hypervisor then you can use the RHEL license

> My understanding is if you purchased only a single $350 license you can use it for being a HV or a VM but not both.

Look at the page

https://www.redhat.com/en/store/red-hat-enterprise-linux-server

350 USD/year Red Hat subscription described as:

"Can only be deployed on physical systems".

I understand these words as "forbidden to use inside virtual machines".

--
Best regards,
  Gena