[CentOS-devel] Documenting the CentOS Linux 8 EOL process

Julien Pivotto

roidelapluie at inuits.eu
Fri Jul 9 09:45:04 UTC 2021

On 09 Jul 02:45, John R. Dennison wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 09, 2021 at 08:09:22AM +0200, Julien Pivotto wrote:
>
> Could you please configure your MUA to send text/plain or similar to the
> CentOS lists?

Sorry, the one and only time I sent a mail from my phone :(

Providing stream as a continuity of 8 is the best thing to do, to show
that we are confident and that the whole "stream fits most of the CentOS
use case". It also has the side effect of better protecting the
internet.

Note that it will put a lot of pressure and bring a lot of users on
stream.  It is a giant opportunity for stream, probably a unique
opportunity.

I think that it will not backfire if we announce it soon.