[CentOS-devel] July board meeting, quick summary

Thu Jul 15 13:43:16 UTC 2021
Rich Bowen <rbowen at redhat.com>

We had a *very* productive Board of Directors meeting yesterday. We'll
be publishing the meeting minutes soon, but I wanted to summarize a
couple of important items from yesterday's Board of Directors meeting.

* The proposed Automotive SIG was approved:
https://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/Automotive

* We'll start planning for the third virtual Dojo of 2021 in the coming
weeks. If you're interested in being part of that effort, please let me
know, and subscribe to the centos-promo mailing lst.

* Pursuant to the "Documenting the CentOS Linux 8 EOL process" thread on
this list over the past week, the board came to agreement on several
details around the CentOS 8 EOL in December, and we'll be drafting those
in more detail over the coming days.

* Pursuant to our commitment, in January, to continue being more
transparent around the Board of Directors process, we'll be announcing a
general public invite to future Board meetings. Details will be drafted
over the coming days.

* Over the past few months, I've been working on some updates to our
governance docs, both to reflect the desire for greater transparency, as
well as to promote a division between governance and technical
direction. Over the next few weeks I'll be bringing drafts of those
documents to this list for public commentary before we adopt them as our
new guiding principles.

So ... that's a *lot*, and some of it is going to take a while for us to
get done. So, please do remind me if you don't see any progress on any
of these items over the coming months.

Many thanks to the Board of Directors for their hard work yesterday, and
the work yet to come on the above items.

--Rich, for Board of Directors