[CentOS-devel] Two directories for 8.4.2105 and 8-stream in the centos mirrors

Thu Jul 8 13:45:45 UTC 2021

On Thu, Jul 08, 2021 at 09:18:46AM -0400, Jonathan Billings wrote:
> So, as best as I can tell, there are two directories for the latest
> CentOS8 and two directories for 8-stream, and they have different
> content! What's up with that?

I spoke to Johnny Hughes on IRC, and he said the .8.4.2105 directory
was a rather old copy, and he deleted it.

>From what I understand, the .8-stream is intentional, but it isn't
supposed to be consumed by any end user.  It's part of the process to
get packages up to the msync servers, and then synchronized into the
8-stream directory once they've been uploaded.  I'm guessing, that way
no mirror gets a partial copy or a subset of packages intended to
8-stream directory.

I suggest: if you can just ignore the .8-stream directory entirely,
then your private copy should be complete for use.