[CentOS-devel] Wordpress theme: Call for volunteer(s)

Rich Bowen

rbowen at redhat.com
Tue Jun 8 15:57:43 UTC 2021

On 6/8/21 9:14 AM, Alain Reguera Delgado wrote:
> On Tue, 2021-06-08 at 07:52 -0400, Rich Bowen wrote:
>> What you say above - to align the design between all of our various
>> sites - is exactly what I had in mind, and, in retrospect, yes,
>> obviously, I should have talked with you first. What you have done with
>> the other sites is great, and having the blog in that same style
>> would be very nice.
>>
>> I don't wish to hinder your progress in any way, and as you were
>> already thinking in these same directions, I'll just let you do your
>> thing. Thanks so much for your work on these.
>
> Thank you very much Rich.
>
> Let me be more specific about what I have in mind here in case someone
> is wishing to join/correct/suggest improvements. I also provide here
> some of the links where you can find the work being done and where it
> is possible to contribute by merge requests:
>
> 1. www.centos.org HTML and CSS base design. Here we define the HTML and
> CSS that we want to have in all sites. There are a few comments worth
> reading in https://git.centos.org/centos/centos.org/pull-request/112.
> This merge request should not be merged yet. It is there to track the
> progress mostly. I would wait until having all sites redesign ready to
> apply so to make a consistent switch. Something to plan, maybe as part
> of CentOS Stream 9 release, to visually reinforce the release itself.

Thank you for clarifying this. I had assumed that it wasn't ready to be
merged, but appreciate the confirmation.

> Example: https://centos.areguera.net/
>
> 2. people.centos.org, mirror.centos.org autoindex and 404 page and
> httpd stuff in general. This is controlled by
> https://github.com/CentOS/ansible-role-httpd and the redesign work is
> in https://github.com/areguera/ansible-role-httpd/tree/staging
>
> Example: https://centos.areguera.net/not-found-page
>
> Example: https://centos-people.areguera.net/
>
> 3. lists.centos.org: The mailing list. This is controlled by
> https://github.com/CentOS/ansible-role-mailman and the redesign work is
> in https://github.com/areguera/ansible-role-mailman/tree/staging
>
> Example: https://centos-lists.areguera.net/
>
> 4. wiki.centos.org: The wiki. This is controlled by
> https://github.com/CentOS/ansible-role-moin and the redesign work is in
> https://github.com/areguera/ansible-role-moin/tree/staging
>
> This is my current target now. No example, yet.

We should definitely talk more about this, since there has been talk of
moving the Wiki content to something Git-based rather than Wiki-based,
which would allow for easier participation in the content editing
without having to get access to the Wiki authentication.

I don't know what the timeline is on this, but would hate for you to
sink a lot of time into this and it not be used.

> 5. blog.centos.org: The blog. I need to find out where the repo is or
> suggest the creation of one in order to track the redesign work.

I don't think that the existing theme is in a repo anywhere, but I could
very well be mistaken. I guess Fabian would know.

The site itself is Wordpress, and the theme is "Blue Peace" -
https://themesinfo.com/blue-peace-best-free-wordpress-theme-zzt - with
some small local modifications.