[CentOS-devel] Wordpress theme: Call for volunteer(s)

Alain Reguera Delgado

alain.reguera at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 13:14:11 UTC 2021

On Tue, 2021-06-08 at 07:52 -0400, Rich Bowen wrote:
> What you say above - to align the design between all of our various
> sites - is exactly what I had in mind, and, in retrospect, yes,
> obviously, I should have talked with you first. What you have done with
> the other sites is great, and having the blog in that same style
> would be very nice.
>
> I don't wish to hinder your progress in any way, and as you were
> already thinking in these same directions, I'll just let you do your
> thing. Thanks so much for your work on these.

Thank you very much Rich.

Let me be more specific about what I have in mind here in case someone
is wishing to join/correct/suggest improvements. I also provide here
some of the links where you can find the work being done and where it
is possible to contribute by merge requests:

1. www.centos.org HTML and CSS base design. Here we define the HTML and
CSS that we want to have in all sites. There are a few comments worth
reading in https://git.centos.org/centos/centos.org/pull-request/112.
This merge request should not be merged yet. It is there to track the
progress mostly. I would wait until having all sites redesign ready to
apply so to make a consistent switch. Something to plan, maybe as part
of CentOS Stream 9 release, to visually reinforce the release itself.

Example: https://centos.areguera.net/

2. people.centos.org, mirror.centos.org autoindex and 404 page and
httpd stuff in general. This is controlled by
https://github.com/CentOS/ansible-role-httpd and the redesign work is
in https://github.com/areguera/ansible-role-httpd/tree/staging

Example: https://centos.areguera.net/not-found-page

Example: https://centos-people.areguera.net/

3. lists.centos.org: The mailing list. This is controlled by
https://github.com/CentOS/ansible-role-mailman and the redesign work is
in https://github.com/areguera/ansible-role-mailman/tree/staging

Example: https://centos-lists.areguera.net/

4. wiki.centos.org: The wiki. This is controlled by
https://github.com/CentOS/ansible-role-moin and the redesign work is in
https://github.com/areguera/ansible-role-moin/tree/staging

This is my current target now. No example, yet.

5. blog.centos.org: The blog. I need to find out where the repo is or
suggest the creation of one in order to track the redesign work.

That's it. I go slow, but I go :)

Again, thank you very much for your consideration. I appreciate it a
lot. Also the constant help of Fabian to make all this happen.

Best regards,
--
Alain Reguera Delgado <alain.reguera at gmail.com>