[CentOS-devel] Wordpress theme: Call for volunteer(s)

Rich Bowen

rbowen at redhat.com
Tue Jun 8 11:52:41 UTC 2021

On 6/7/21 3:37 PM, Alain Reguera Delgado wrote:
> On Mon, 2021-06-07 at 14:40 -0400, Rich Bowen wrote:
>> If you are adept at designing Wordpress themes, or adapting existing
>> ones, I am looking for you.
>>
>> While there's nothing wrong with our existing blog theme, it's time to
>> freshen it up, and possibly incorporate some of the CentOS 8 imagery
>> and bring it into the same style family as the main centos.org website.
>>
>> If you're able and willing to work on this, please let me know. Thanks.
>
> I am interested in contributing to that. In fact, I am already walking
> in that direction. A while ago I started to integrate each site design
> with www.centos.org style, so they all look more like a single entity
> than different ones. Also to apply design changes in a single place not
> on each site individually.

> This mail is about the blog visual manifestation, so probably I need to
> reorder my priorities or reconsider the whole plan based on what is
> necessary. Could you guide me on this Rich?

What you say above - to align the design between all of our various
sites - is exactly what I had in mind, and, in retrospect, yes,
obviously, I should have talked with you first. What you have done with
the other sites is great, and having the blog in that same style would
be very nice.

I don't wish to hinder your progress in any way, and as you were already
thinking in these same directions, I'll just let you do your thing.
Thanks so much for your work on these.

--Rich