[CentOS-devel] Announcing ROSI - RHEL for Open Source Infrastructure

Rich Bowen

rbowen at redhat.com
Mon Mar 1 14:50:09 UTC 2021

On 2/26/21 12:09 PM, redbaronbrowser via CentOS-devel wrote:
> FOSS organizations can use RHEL to create a Linux distro project but only if a Red Hat employee is on the goverance board of the project?

You have misunderstood.

If Alma or Rocky or YourPersonalRebuildProject wishes to use this
offering, that's one of the covered use cases. If your reading of the
various articles implies differently, then I'm sure we can work to
clarify that.

Your later quote:

Feb 3rd from Red Hat's Bex:
"... if that project has the goal of producing a Linux distribution ...
don't use Red Hat Subscription Services to create or support your project."

... does not contradict this, as it refers to obtaining SOURCE from
subscription services. That has not changed with this new offering.