[CentOS-devel] [Cloud SiG] RDO IRC Information

Wed May 26 16:12:57 UTC 2021
Amy Marrich <amy at redhat.com>

Dear Cloud SiG and CentOS Community Members,

As many of you know, there have been changes in Freenode which affect the
RDO channel, OpenInfra channels, and the channels of many other communities
we work closely with. After careful consideration, the OpenDev team has
chosen to move the Open Infrastructure Foundation IRC related
infrastructure to OFTC[0]. As of Monday, May 31st, OFTC will become the
primary home of RDO (#rdo) including where we host our meeting.

The Fedora and CentOS Communities have chosen to move to Libera[1] and due
to our close relationship with these projects RDO will have a presence on
this system as well also in #rdo.

Our channel is already created on both systems and are ready for you to
join them and it is recommended you register your Nick[2][3] on both these
systems.

While not a total solution, we would like to mention Matrix[4] which we hope
in the future will be able to bridge OFTC and Libera.chat into one location.

Thanks,

Amy Marrich (spotz)

0 - https://www.oftc.net/
1 - https://libera.chat/
2 - https://www.oftc.net/Services/#register-your-account
3 - https://libera.chat/guides/registration
4 - https://matrix.org

*Amy Marrich*

She/Her/Hers

Principal Technical Marketing Manager - Cloud Platforms

Red Hat, Inc <https://www.redhat.com/>

amy at redhat.com

Mobile: 954-818-0514

Slack:  amarrich