[CentOS-devel] [Cloud SiG] RDO IRC Information

Wed May 26 19:59:42 UTC 2021
Matthew Miller <mattdm at mattdm.org>

On Wed, May 26, 2021 at 02:13:32PM -0400, Rich Bowen wrote:
> With some help from Neal and Nick, I'm looking into what's involved
> in bridging. It looks like Matrix will need to register against
> Libera, and once that's done, mirroring should work. That part of it
> - having Matrix register with nickserv - I do not know how to do.
> However, whoever is setting up the Matrix side of things should get
> in touch with me, so that I can do the IRC side.

We have an article about it for Freenode on Fedora Magazine:
https://fedoramagazine.org/access-freenode-using-matrix-clients/

I assume it will be similar with the Libera Chat bridge. Basically, it's
similar to talking to NickServ -- you open a chat with a bot and send it
some commands.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>