[CentOS-devel] MirrorManager link redirect issue

Fri Nov 19 07:48:52 UTC 2021
Adrian Reber <adrian at lisas.de>

On Thu, Nov 18, 2021 at 06:25:59PM -0500, Mike Rochefort wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 18, 2021 at 6:13 PM Matthew Miller <mattdm at mattdm.org> wrote:
> > Which, btw, returns a 302 redirect to a specific mirror.
>
> More info was added to the ticket post-merge, but I provided a
> reordered param MM link (redirect..protocol..path) for the Stream
> objects and according to another user it worked in their testing. I

I was curious about the reordering part and the reason reordering helps
is that curl tries to guess the local file name and if path is at the
end curl guesses it right. The reordering does not change the content
you get from the server in any way.

> still haven't verified it myself with GNOME Boxes, but once I do I'll
> submit another PR to correct this in osinfo-db. Should provide a
> better overall experience for anyone using the database for ISO
> retrieval.
>
> One thing I'm not sure of is which protocol to use, though. I'd
> personally choose HTTPS.

You will get http and https mirrors if you do not specify the protocol
option. Using protocol you can limit it to a certain protocol.

		Adrian