[CentOS-devel] Building oVirt Node and oVirt Engine Appliance on CentOS Infrastructure

Thu Nov 25 14:55:14 UTC 2021
Fabian Arrotin <arrfab at centos.org>

On 25/11/2021 11:27, Sandro Bonazzola wrote:

> Il giorno mer 24 nov 2021 alle ore 14:08 Fabian Arrotin
> <arrfab at centos.org <mailto:arrfab at centos.org>> ha scritto:
>
>     On 24/11/2021 11:30, Sandro Bonazzola wrote:
>      > Hi,
>      > we are now trying to build oVirt stable release content on
>      > https://cbs.centos.org/ <https://cbs.centos.org/>
>     <https://cbs.centos.org/ <https://cbs.centos.org/>> and ship it to
>     users
>      > via CentOS Virtualization SIG repos.
>      > Most of the packages are building fine (except ovirt-engine which
>     still
>      > need some work, currently tracked on
>      > https://pagure.io/centos-infra/issue/527
>     <https://pagure.io/centos-infra/issue/527>
>      > <https://pagure.io/centos-infra/issue/527
>     <https://pagure.io/centos-infra/issue/527>> )
>      > The two most challenging builds are the oVirt Node and oVirt Engine
>      > Appliance which on oVirt jenkins are requiring lorax and
>     imagefactory,
>      > running virt-install in nested virtualization.
>      > This seems to not be working in copr build flow and I expect it
>     to not
>      > work on cbs.
>      >
>      > How can we build an OVA and an ISO within centos infrastructure for
>      > shipping it as part of the Virtualization SIG?
>      >

>     Well, you just mentioned it : imagefactory (and oz) and it's available
>     in cbs but so far, only the previous cloudinstance-sig was using it to
>     build the centos 7 vagrant images.
>     It all stopped because vagrant images for 8/8-stream are built on the
>     dedicated distro builders, and nobody maintaining/building the centos 7
>     vagrant images.
>
>     There is even one bare-metal x86_64 node that is in the specific
>     channel
>     for such images builds :
>     https://cbs.centos.org/koji/hostinfo?hostID=9
>     <https://cbs.centos.org/koji/hostinfo?hostID=9>
>     (see the image, livecd, livemedia channels and corresponding tasks)
>
>     So if that's something you want to test, we can enable that for your
>     SIG
>     and then try to resurrect the image task (worth knowing that since all
>     cbs environment was reinstalled from centos 7 to 8-stream, no image
>     build was ever tested, so maybe a good time to do so)
>

> Sounds like it may work. Let's try this path.
> Fabian can you provide pointers on how to configure / run the build there?

Just so that people can follow : it was partially discussed on
#centos-devel but then tracked in ticket
https://pagure.io/centos-infra/issue/535 and normally it's working
(myself tested a --scratch build for a centos 8 cloud image)

--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 17F3B7A1 | twitter: @arrfab