[CentOS-devel] Building oVirt Node and oVirt Engine Appliance on CentOS Infrastructure

Thu Nov 25 10:27:36 UTC 2021
Sandro Bonazzola <sbonazzo at redhat.com>

Il giorno mer 24 nov 2021 alle ore 14:08 Fabian Arrotin <arrfab at centos.org>
ha scritto:

> On 24/11/2021 11:30, Sandro Bonazzola wrote:
> > Hi,
> > we are now trying to build oVirt stable release content on
> > https://cbs.centos.org/ <https://cbs.centos.org/> and ship it to users
> > via CentOS Virtualization SIG repos.
> > Most of the packages are building fine (except ovirt-engine which still
> > need some work, currently tracked on
> > https://pagure.io/centos-infra/issue/527
> > <https://pagure.io/centos-infra/issue/527> )
> > The two most challenging builds are the oVirt Node and oVirt Engine
> > Appliance which on oVirt jenkins are requiring lorax and imagefactory,
> > running virt-install in nested virtualization.
> > This seems to not be working in copr build flow and I expect it to not
> > work on cbs.
> >
> > How can we build an OVA and an ISO within centos infrastructure for
> > shipping it as part of the Virtualization SIG?
> >

> Well, you just mentioned it : imagefactory (and oz) and it's available
> in cbs but so far, only the previous cloudinstance-sig was using it to
> build the centos 7 vagrant images.
> It all stopped because vagrant images for 8/8-stream are built on the
> dedicated distro builders, and nobody maintaining/building the centos 7
> vagrant images.
>
> There is even one bare-metal x86_64 node that is in the specific channel
> for such images builds : https://cbs.centos.org/koji/hostinfo?hostID=9
> (see the image, livecd, livemedia channels and corresponding tasks)
>
> So if that's something you want to test, we can enable that for your SIG
> and then try to resurrect the image task (worth knowing that since all
> cbs environment was reinstalled from centos 7 to 8-stream, no image
> build was ever tested, so maybe a good time to do so)

Sounds like it may work. Let's try this path.
Fabian can you provide pointers on how to configure / run the build there?