[CentOS-devel] Building oVirt Node and oVirt Engine Appliance on CentOS Infrastructure

Wed Nov 24 13:08:18 UTC 2021
Fabian Arrotin <arrfab at centos.org>

On 24/11/2021 11:30, Sandro Bonazzola wrote:
> Hi,
> we are now trying to build oVirt stable release content on
> https://cbs.centos.org/ <https://cbs.centos.org/> and ship it to users
> via CentOS Virtualization SIG repos.
> Most of the packages are building fine (except ovirt-engine which still
> need some work, currently tracked on
> https://pagure.io/centos-infra/issue/527
> <https://pagure.io/centos-infra/issue/527> )
> The two most challenging builds are the oVirt Node and oVirt Engine
> Appliance which on oVirt jenkins are requiring lorax and imagefactory,
> running virt-install in nested virtualization.
> This seems to not be working in copr build flow and I expect it to not
> work on cbs.
>
> How can we build an OVA and an ISO within centos infrastructure for
> shipping it as part of the Virtualization SIG?

Well, you just mentioned it : imagefactory (and oz) and it's available
in cbs but so far, only the previous cloudinstance-sig was using it to
build the centos 7 vagrant images.
It all stopped because vagrant images for 8/8-stream are built on the
dedicated distro builders, and nobody maintaining/building the centos 7
vagrant images.

There is even one bare-metal x86_64 node that is in the specific channel
for such images builds : https://cbs.centos.org/koji/hostinfo?hostID=9
(see the image, livecd, livemedia channels and corresponding tasks)

So if that's something you want to test, we can enable that for your SIG
and then try to resurrect the image task (worth knowing that since all
cbs environment was reinstalled from centos 7 to 8-stream, no image
build was ever tested, so maybe a good time to do so)

--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 17F3B7A1 | twitter: @arrfab