[CentOS-devel] Building oVirt Node and oVirt Engine Appliance on CentOS Infrastructure

Wed Nov 24 10:30:07 UTC 2021
Sandro Bonazzola <sbonazzo at redhat.com>

Hi,
we are now trying to build oVirt stable release content on
https://cbs.centos.org/ and ship it to users via CentOS Virtualization SIG
repos.
Most of the packages are building fine (except ovirt-engine which still
need some work, currently tracked on
https://pagure.io/centos-infra/issue/527 )
The two most challenging builds are the oVirt Node and oVirt Engine
Appliance which on oVirt jenkins are requiring lorax and imagefactory,
running virt-install in nested virtualization.
This seems to not be working in copr build flow and I expect it to not work
on cbs.

How can we build an OVA and an ISO within centos infrastructure for
shipping it as part of the Virtualization SIG?

I know there's https://ci.centos.org/ which may probably be able to do the
same task we are running on jenkins.ovirt.org but I guess there's a more
"standard" way to do it in CentOS infra.

Thanks,
--

Sandro Bonazzola

MANAGER, SOFTWARE ENGINEERING, EMEA R&D RHV

Red Hat EMEA <https://www.redhat.com/>

sbonazzo at redhat.com
<https://www.redhat.com/>

*Red Hat respects your work life balance. Therefore there is no need to
answer this email out of your office hours.*