[CentOS-devel] Flat vs rpmbuild layout for CBS Re: CentOS Stream 9 content available for cbs.centos.org : start your builds !

Tue Nov 30 22:22:00 UTC 2021
Michel Alexandre Salim <michel at michel-slm.name>

Hi Fabian,

On Fri, Sep 03, 2021 at 04:43:54PM +0200, Fabian Arrotin wrote:
> On 03/09/2021 16:40, Davide Cavalca via CentOS-devel wrote:
> > One caveat to be aware of: cbs expects repos to be in the old rpmbuild
> > layout (i.e. with SOURCES/SPECS, like on c8s), while the centpkg and
> > centpkg-sig tools seem to expect a new-style layout. This is what I've
> > pushed for kpatch so far for reference:
> > https://git.centos.org/rpms/kpatch/tree/c9s-sig-hyperscale
> >
> > Cheers
> > Davide
>
> Hi Davide,
>
> Yes, it's still git.centos.org and cbs.centos.org so nothing changed :
> the same get_sources.sh is used to rebuild src.rpm from git and so
> expect the same layout ("rpmbuild" style) ..
> Thanks for having clarified that on the -devel list, in case it wasn't
> obvious for all SIGs members :)  (as yes, upstream Stream 9 repositories
> on gitlab are in the "flat" layout)

How feasible would it be to support the flat layout at least for
SIG branches targeting c9s, but ideally also supporting it for c8s too?

It would make it much easier for SIGs to build packages based off Fedora
or Stream 9 and keeping them in sync with the original repos.

Happy to lend a hand if this is something that is desirable and we just
need someone to actually do it.

Thanks,

--
Michel Alexandre Salim